• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfer from group pickup - fails on external call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resolve

New User
Reaction score
Interesting issue....

Incoming calls get routed to a hunt group. Often these get picked up before the 2nd phone in the group rings - user dials 8100 to pickup (this has been setup in dialcodes section)

If the user does a pickup, on an incoming but external call, answers the call and then attempts a transfer, the originator is passed to on-hold music and can never be recovered.

If however I dial the hunt group directly (as an experiment) the diverting works as planned.

Phones are Linksys 942

Tim

Hi Tim

There are various elements of your post that we need to clarify.

1. You state 'before the 2nd phone in the group rings ' ....does the scenario change if the 2nd phone rings?

2. When you dial the hunt group direct, do you mean from an internal extension?

If instead of a pickup (8100) you physically pick up the ringing phone does the issue still occur?

Have you tried to do this with the default pickup codes?

Hi Tim,

Here is a request for additional information:
Could you please specify models/types of devices like:
1. call is coming from line: type is [voip/PSTN], [provider/device] is _____
2. call rings on [devicetype]
3. 8100 to pickup call is dialed on [devicetype]
4. "picked" call transferred to [devicetype]

the 2,3 and 4 look like specified (all are Linksys 942?). Only one entity is unknown there - the source of call (originator?)

Thanks

SY said:
Hi Tim,

the 2,3 and 4 look like specified (all are Linksys 942?). Only one entity is unknown there - the source of call (originator?)

Thanks

Ok, been back to the team on site and have more information - I have a strong suspicion all is not as it seems. It seems that the phones were firmware flashed last friday to "the newest" (have to confirm what the "newest" is) and that it *was* working before that.

But to answer your questions:-

1 - VOIP [voip unlimited]
2 - Linksys 942
3 - As above
4 - As above

What we do know is that leaving the call to "hunt" transfer is ok. Also dialing the hunt group as if it were an extension (that is, an internal call) it does work ok.

Tim

William400 said:
Hi Tim

There are various elements of your post that we need to clarify.

1. You state 'before the 2nd phone in the group rings ' ....does the scenario change if the 2nd phone rings?

2. When you dial the hunt group direct, do you mean from an internal extension?

If instead of a pickup (8100) you physically pick up the ringing phone does the issue still occur?

Have you tried to do this with the default pickup codes?

1 - No
2 - a)Yes b)No

See notes in reply to other post - there seems to be some contention on site about a firmware upgrade.

Thanks,

Tim

Resolve said:
SY said:
Hi Tim,

Thanks

Ok, been back to the team on site and have more information - I have a strong suspicion all is not as it seems. It seems that the phones were firmware flashed last friday to "the newest" (have to confirm what the "newest" is) and that it *was* working before that.

But to answer your questions:-

1 - VOIP [voip unlimited]
2 - Linksys 942
3 - As above
4 - As above

What we do know is that leaving the call to "hunt" transfer is ok. Also dialing the hunt group as if it were an extension (that is, an internal call) it does work ok.

Tim

Tim,

Now please specify settings(PBX settings) for all participants of transfer/pickup
ringing extension, extension that picks up a call and extension that is a destination of transfer.
I think that version of PBX is 4128 and provider configuration is got from template.

p.s. Iforgot to ask: Please specify firmware version for those phones.

Thanks

Tim,

Now please specify settings(PBX settings) for all participants of transfer/pickup
ringing extension, extension that picks up a call and extension that is a destination of transfer.
I think that version of PBX is 4128 and provider configuration is got from template.

p.s. Iforgot to ask: Please specify firmware version for those phones.

Thanks

Ok - 1 problem solved but another found :cry:

The firmware version on the Linksys is 5.2.5 and the call pickup *is* working. The odd feature (I assume this is a phone implementation issue) is that transferring a call from a pickup involves different steps to that when doing an internal transfer.

transfer between extension whether call originated from inside or outside of the building would be -

take call, press xfer, dial target, target answers, press xfer.

transfer steps when call pickup is used:-

Phone rings, alternate phone dials 8100 to pickup. Press xfer, dial target, target answers, press "line" button that indicates "8100" is waiting and then press softkey xfrlx.

Divert is then completed.

What we're now being told is that this divert works 100% but, group pickup on 8100 is now resulting a a sinificant proportion of "dead" calls - no audio. No one else is reporting one way audio and this is definitley only when using pickup 8100.

Note that the group is a hunt group of two phones and that the person dialling 8100 is in that hunt group.
The hunt group consist of only 2 extensions with a delay of 15 seconds.

Tim

Tim,

Please try to configure extensions(participants) as "Supports re-invites"=off
Do you have the same problem after it?

Thanks a lot for your attention and clear description.

SY said:
Tim,

Stepan, will do on Monday.

So that I might learn something (and avoid asking stupid questions :p ) What / how does "re-invite" affect this - will we be likely to lose functionality having it on/off and what sort of symptoms should I look for in future as an indicator that this might be a problem ?

Thanks

Tim

Resolve said:
SY said:
Tim,

Stepan, will do on Monday.

So that I might learn something (and avoid asking stupid questions :p ) What / how does "re-invite" affect this - will we be likely to lose functionality having it on/off and what sort of symptoms should I look for in future as an indicator that this might be a problem ?

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

Please check it on Monday.
"support re-invites"=off is rather a way to get functionality than to loose it.
At low level - it makes some additional work for media server

You can collect information about communications between all participants using WireShark. It is quite objective tool to collect raw data for analysis. Start it on the PBX host and capture traffic for specific calls. You don't need to run it for hours, you can start it and replicate scenario, then stop it and save capture to the file.

Thanks

Ok been back in......

Seems to be erratic as to whether it will fail - in other words it's not consistent. Supports re-invite is off and I've left the the customer with a request to let me know the time and relevant number when a failure occurs. In the meantime in conjunction with Zen Software we've setup wireshark so that we can capture some data.

Frustrated is not the word :cry:

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArjenDsnty
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.