• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfer from IVR (extension dialing) not always sending at correct extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitrickzul

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Weird issue,

Sometimes, a client will call and dial the extension he wants in the IVR (nothing new here) but the call will not go to the correct extension, it randomly goes elsewhere. The call logs shows that he dialed the other extension and not the real one.

Example:

external caller dials extension 101, the system recorded that he dialed 103, call is transferred to 103.

Everything says he dialed 103 but he in fact dialed 101.

This is random, all extension are set to available with no transfers.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

I have to assume that, perhaps, DTMF is not being recognised correctly? What type of trunking are you using, SIP, gateway?

Did this issue just start?

Does it happen when you try from an internal extension?

Does the 3CX Activity Log show anything out of the ordinary happening?

Hello @pitrickzul

As @leejor mentioned this sounds like the DTMF tones are not received / recognised correctly. Do calls route to different extensions or do all calls route falsely to the same extension? What is the option in the IVR for invalid input? Also what PBX version are you running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard, under the Information column next to the licence version. For example 15.5.15502.6.

I upgraded over the weekend to SP6.

The extension that it transfers to is completely random and like i said before, the call log will say that they dialed extension was the incorrect one, so log wise, 3CX doesn't see anything weird. As far as i can see, it's been happening since it was deployed maybe 3 months ago but the client started getting complaints maybe 2 months ago.

The gateway is a patton 4114 configured using the 3CX autoconfig option.

The IVR invalid input option is set to : Repeat prompt

make an outside call to an extension, answer, then send some DTMF from the callers phone (preferably one that has had an issue in the past). Do the DTMF tones sound distorted, or broken up (multiple tones when it should be one)?

Does this happen, at all, if you try calling the DR from an extension?

I would recommend creating a ticket with our support department regarding this issue as they will need to see what is arriving in the PBX and how the PBX is processing the DTMF tones.
What firmware version is the Patton running?

Im currently speaking with Patton support, they have a few ideas to try. So far they are very helpful. I will write back if we resolve this for information purposes!

Reactions: Francois_Kolibri
Please keep us updated and let us know if further assistance is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.