Transfer if no answer to external line (cell phone)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redwood, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwood

Hello,

I've searched the forum and tried almost everything i can think off, but i can't transfer to an outside line.

I've made an extra extension ie. 123. and select forward all calls to oudside number.
    i've filled in my cell phone number in the outside number block. ie. 0612345678 . This is a dutch cellphone number without any extra prefixes. And i think that's where the problem is.
    Do i need to put an string or prefix in front of that number??

2. paragondie

You need to dial the number proceeded by the prefix you have setup in your outbound rule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Arnaud

Can you call your mobile from a phone connected to your 3CX server ? Which number do you dial ?
    The number in your outbound rule should be the same as the number you key in on your phone when dialing your mobile phone. Certain VOIP providers expect you for example to include the country code. In that case it would be 0031612345678, potentially even with a prefix for a 3CX external line. The last depends on how you did setup your server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. phxlad

Did you get it corrected?
    My call forward works when an extension calls an extension but not from an outside line.

5. Halea

Halea New Member

Redwood,
    Also remember that the extension that you are trying to forward to an outside number needs to be registered. In other words, if the VOIP handset, or soft phone has not registered its presence into 3CX, the no answer or busy transfer won't work. So, check to make sure that your extension indicator is turned green on the 3CX status webpage.
    Good luck.
    Halea

6. Ricambi America

Yes, it does work... but the setup is incredibly obtuse. See the last post in this thread:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/4393-impressions-4886.html#p22842

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.