Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transfer Issue with SPA508G+SPA500s+SPA500s

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by moatley, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moatley

Hi hopefully someone can help,

I have a Cisco SPA508G with 2 x SPA500s sidecars.
    Each Line Key on the phone is configured as a different extension (200,201,202 etc)
    Extension 200 is the internal switchboard number.
    Extensions 201 to 207 are incomming PSTN lines forwarding to these extensions, for example
    PSTN Line 1 goes to 201
    PSTN Line 2 goes to 202
    PSTN Line 3 goes to 203 etc.

My problem is during an attended transfer using the sidecars;

1. An imcomming call rings on say extension 204, receptionist picks up the phone to answer as normal.
    2. Call requires an attended transfer.
    3. Receptionist presses 'xfer' and is prompted to enter extension.

the caller is palced on hold, with hold music

If the receptionist manually enters the extension number and presses dial they are connected to the required extension and when answered they can press of xfer again the call is transferred. (perfect)

However, we have have lots of extensions and have setup the side cars to monitor blf's and speed dial the required extensions, but the following occurs during a transfer.

Steps 1 to 3 as normal.

If the receptionist presses the required extension on the attendant console (when prompted to enter an extension), a new internal call on extension 200 is opened to the required extension and once answered xferLX has to pressed to transfer the call.

Idealy at the point of being prompted to enter the transfer extension number we would like to press the required extension on the attendant console, be connected to the end-user and then press xfer to transfer the call.

Does anyone how what settings I need to adjust to make this happen?

Thank you in advance,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.