Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transfer mobile call back to desktop phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by accelerated, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accelerated

I was going to post this in the feature request but it is currently locked.

I currently have my mobile phone ring simultaneously with my desktop phone when I'm in the office.

There should be an option to switch from the call on your mobile back to your desktop phone.

Is this something that is currently available?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Probably not.

Once a call has been answered (accepted ,in the case of rebound), by a mobile, at this point, there is really no way to do a transfer back. 3CX would have to be constantly monitoring for a DTMF signal (the only way to activate a feature), for the duration of the call.

This opens the possibility of inadvertently activating something when you used DTMF for some other function, at the other end of your call. Your voice can also be mistaken for a DTMF tone as happens when using an ATA (talk-over, I believe it's called).

If you put the 3CX phone on your mobile, used that to answer a call, then you could transfer it back.

3. rogueblackburn

I second that. One of the "big" improvements of V12 - IMHO, the by now very useful smart phone clients. Once you have push notification set up, and firewall for when your out of the office, there is really no need to ring mobile simultaneous any more. 3CX supports SIP forking, so why not have your extension number on your deskphone and mobile client.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can try the service which is available in v12:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/dial-codes/
    Chapter - Mobile Agent Service (V12 or later)
    (at the end of article)
    if all conditions are met and your extension is, for example, 100 - then, enter
    *82#100#
    Your your desktop phone (extension 100) will start to ring.
    To get more reliable result - set your extension to allow more then one call simultaneously.

Please don't hesitate to report issues or suggest improvements.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. red45

We are also trying to accomplish this. Is there a way to program a softkey on a Yealink to auto perform a transfer from the mobile to the desk phone? This is an NEC feature we are trying to match.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The cell phone needs to initiate the transfer back...
    and is available only in Call Center Edition or Pro Edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.