Transfer no audio issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pascal, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pascal

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, however, as far as I can tell, I searched everything, but can't find an explanation for my problem.

I've got a 3CX v11 server (SP4) running on a server Widnows 2008R2. Server is connected directly to the internet, no firewall in between. Obivously Windows Firewall is enabled, however all needed ports are configured. I've got a strange problem, I can't determine the cause...

We're using Cisco SPA514G phones on a remote location (behind a simple Engenius router), and all appears fine. We can make internal calls, outgoing calls, incoming works like a charm, we can transfer internally, however....

We've got an issue with transferring external calls... We've got the Cisco's configured with two Transfer options. One "Blind", one "normal". We've got an issue with external-party-1, local-phone and external-party-2.
    The Blind Transfer works... External call comes in, we answer it via "pick-up" or directly. Audio is fine. Hit the "BXFR" key, input another external number, dial, and call is transferred, including audio.
    "Normal" Transfer fails.. External call comes in, we answer it via "pick-up" or directly. Audio is fine. Hit the "XFR" key, input another external number, dial, and call connected, audio is fine. However, when we xfer the call, call is connected, but there is NO audio!

As I'm not that into voice, can somebody give me any insight into what could be wrong? Everything appears OK, however, no audio between the two external parties.

I've experimented with the "PBX delivers audio", Support Re-Invite, Support Re-Place, none appear to be helping... I've got log files of both occurences, if that helps??? (have to anonymise it obviously :) )

2. kevin

kevin Member

@Pascal

For all the endpoints under test (extensions, trunks), make sure that they are all set to:

PBX Delivers Audio: ENABLED
    Supports ReINVITEs: disabled
    Support Replaces: disabled

...and after having completed these changes repeat the test and advise the outcome. If this does not help, something nasty is happening involving NAT traversal, an investigation into a Wireshark capture will be necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Lawson Barker likes this.
  3. Pascal

Ah, Kevin, you are a life saver! I didn't know I could also set those options at the VOIP Provider level... I figured it was only at the extensions!

Toggled the "PBX delivers Audio" and disabled "ReInvite" and "Replace"... All of a sudden my hold music is available externally as well, and transfer now works!

Thanks a million!

Lawson Barker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.