Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transfer on hook (yealink T26, T28)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by custodian, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. custodian

Hi

Is there any way to do transfer on-hook with the Yealink T26/T28, 3CXPhone and 3CX V9?

What I mean is User A has a call on line 1, they then put line 1 on hold and call User B on Line 2. User A then hangs up and expects the calls on Line 1 and Line 2 to be joined up. Or alternatively they then press the call transfer button and it should then join the calls up.

Is this possible?

2. willow

willow Member

you would not put the call on hold but just press transfer and then dial the second person and then announce the call and press transfer again. that should complete the transfer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. custodian

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the response.

The issue is that at the moment, the users have some BLFs setup. So this is what happens:

- Call comes in on Line 1 and is answered by User A
    - User A presses BLF/Speed Dial for User B, this automatically dials User B on Line 2 and puts Line 1 on hold (great so far)
    - User B answers and User A wants to put the handset down to transfer. Pressing "Transfer" at this point does not transfer the call, but instead asks which number you want to dial (i.e. it thinks that you want to transfer the call on Line 2 to another number rather than to the call already active on Line 1)

This is more of a "nice to have" than a deal breaker for us at the moment, but I can see it being a pain for some people.

4. willow

willow Member

in the first step you are not initiating a transfer but actually using an auto hold feature. just have them answer the first call then press transfer and then complete the second call with the transfer button again and this will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. custodian

Hi Jeremy

We are currently doing that at the moment. It's a "2 button process" which is ever so slightly longer than the process I explained in my previous post. I've just re-read the post and I should've explained that was the "preferred" method.

At the moment we got it working by doing the following (which is pretty much what you have suggested):

- Call comes in on Line 1 and is answered by User A
    - User A presses "TRANS" button (which puts line 1 on hold) then presses BLF/Speed Dial for User B, this automatically dials User B on Line 2
    - User B answers and User A hangs up and this transfers the call

Unfortunately users are creatures of habit and some will just kick up a fuss if something is a bit different. But like I said, it's not a big issue at the moment, but would be nice to have and I can't believe others haven't come across this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.