Transfer problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by klawrence, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klawrence

Hi,

We have set up free 3cx with three extensions and it is working great. However we cannot do an attended transfer to another extension when that extension is voicemail or IVR.

We get this message - "[CM008009] Call(32): Attended transfer to IVR/VMail is not supported!"

Does this problem happen because we are using the free version?

I can do a blind transfer to VM/IVR no problem but not an attended transfer.

How can i resolve this? We are using linksys phones and xlite softphone.

Keith

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

The only real limitation of features lacking from the free version is the WMI.

Transfer works from the phone so as long as the phone supports it you can do it. I don't think xlite if it's the free one has the transfer function. You need to pay to unlock it. I could be wrong on that.

The Linksys SPA900 series phones should all work though. There is a Blind Xfer option that by default is not enabled. You can turn this on through the phone's web interface on the Ext1 tab.

Regular transfers should be fine - during the call press Xfer on the phone, dial the extension, talk to the person and press xfer again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Rob is correct, it should work fine in the free edition too.

However, what are you transferring - an outside call? Did it come into the system via a gateway or a voip provider and if so which provider or gateway? Are they both supported?

Also, note that the xlite does not support call transfers. What linksys phone are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. klawrence

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies.

The linksys phone is 30 miles away at the moment (branch office) and its a pain trying to diag the issue over the phone so will wait until i can get the same model here in office and investigate further.

Cheers.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Attended transfer to VM/IVR doesn't work in any V3 version. We had certain technical complications around it, and, to be honest I could not imagine someone, attendedly transferring someone to IVR. Why do you need call IVR first? To consult with it?? So, given that we decided not to try implement that scenario in V3.
    In V4 there's no technical problems to make attended transfer to VM/IVR, but still i'm not sure if we did implemented it. But if someone can prove us that this scenario is A MUST -- we can do it for sure.

6. klawrence

Thanks for the replies.

The scenario im thinking about is this:

1) Someone calls office asking for Jim
    2) Receptionist tries to get hold of jim but he is on DND
    3) Receptionist tells caller "jim isnt here but can i transfer you to his voicemail?"
    4) Caller says yes please

At this point the receptionist has to use the bxfer (blind transfer function) function to transfer the caller as the standard xfer wont transfer without cutting the caller off.

My question is - Is this standard behaviour - i.e do you need to use bxfer instead of xfer?

Its just another couple of keypresses to have to tell a receptionist to use and i was wondering if standard xfer should work.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

No, you should just use bxfer while caller is NOT on hold. Otherwise transfer is treated as attanded and is not supported when target is IVR or VMailBox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.