Transfer to DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vanlon, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanlon

So at my office I have a situation where people will be working at their desk with DND on so they don't get any new calls out of the Queue. They will however take calls from existing customers. How do you go about transferring calls to phones with DND enabled?

I've tried changing the forwarding rules so the DND phone will forward to itself. That throws the call into a loop it seems that you can't even find it again to pull it back out. I'm running Yealink T38G's and have also tried to add the extension numbers as a DND exception in the webserver but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Any ideas would be helpful.

2. jasit

jasit New Member

change the dnd button to log them in and out of the queue versus setting their phone to do not disturb.

3. Vanlon

That was my original method, but listening to "You have logged into the queue" all day nobody liked and it's not quite a quick. If you could change the DND button to toggle the Queue silently and quickly that would be ideal.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If DND is set at the phone, then you may be stuck. DND should not allow any call to get to the extension regardless of from the Q or elsewhere. You might hear a slight/short ring, but that will be about it.

Depending on phone make, when a call is sent to a phone set to DND, the phone will respond back to the system with a SIP code. In many cases, the code is one that indicates the system is busy or otherwise not able to take a call.

You might be able to edit the DND key from within the phone interface. You may be able to remove the feature or you may be able to assign it a code that is meaningless. The users may set to DND, but the functionality will be rendered inoperative.

However, if they really do not want to take calls, they may just burden themselves with using the dial codes and logging out of the Q, but at least you can see this.

New employees?

5. Vanlon

No old employee's, new technology.
    I gave them some options (log in, log out or call park and yell) so I might just give it a week and see what solution they figure out for themselves.

Busy and DND must be a little different, as you can set it to take more than one call which would queue the next call in the handset when it's busy but DND kicks it to the voicemail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.