Transfer to VM BLF

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by sbowers, Mar 22, 2017.

1. sbowers

Nearly every client of mine has requested the ability to press a transfer to voice mail button then press the person's extension.

I am able to program it where I do the following: *4xxx, where x is the extension. This works but it consumes a lot of real estate on the BLF keys. This is impossible to do where I have 100s of users.

Has anyone else ran into this? If so, do you have a solution?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

With yealink phones you would program a PREFIX key (not blf) with the value of *4 ... so to transfer to someone's vmail you would transfer as you usually do, but also press the prefix key before the users blf key. "A la nortel" .. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sbowers likes this.
  3. sbowers

Thanks Jason! I tried it in our office and it works. Can this be implemented on custom templates instead of per phone basis in 3CX? If so do what is the "type" ID. Thanks.

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes, and 40

Happy to help!