Transfer to VM if Phone Busy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I am trying to setup 3CX so that when a user is on the phone and the receptionist (or Digital Receptionist) transfers or calls their extension that it should sense that they are busy and send directly to vm.

I have setup the options under DESTINATION UNREACHABLE/FORWARDING; however they do not seem to work. What I desire is if the phone is busy (and I have tried both phone and 3cx to report busy) it should IMMEDIATELY goto VM. Currently it acts as though it is ringing the extension then timing out and going to VM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Set "Busy detection" on "Destination Unreachable / Forwarding"\"Phone busy" tab to "Use PBX status" instead of "Use phone status"

It must work.
    Please report issue if it doesn't.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I will follow up after more broad roll-out but here is what I found. the customer is using Grandstream GXP-2000 handsets. We have had to go into each phone and turn off call waiting. After this change is made it works as designed.

Does this sound correct in your design?

4. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.