Transfer to Voicemail Button on Phone (Softkey?)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jmiller, Aug 2, 2016.

Transfer to Voicemail Button on Phone (Softkey?) 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. jmiller

Need the ability to simply program a softkey to transfer a call to someone's voicemail. Ideally it would be nice to be able to hit a "Transfer to VM" button and then hit the BLF key of a user. Another easy way is to hit the "Transfer to VM" button + Ext and then hang up or hit a transfer button. Doing it through the app would be great but we still need a quick and easy way to do this on the phone itself. Everyone, please vote!

business54 likes this.
  2. Christine Trump

3. Christine Trump

Upvoted by the way! :D

4. DaveH

Agreed and upvoted also. . Customers aren't happy they're losing this functionality when their dinosaur of a PBX was able to do this with two buttons. I'm still searching hoping there is currently a way I just don't know about, but it's not looking good.

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

This has not been tested, but my guess is that you could do the following:

(1) program a VAD extension as a BLF
    (2) Press this BLF while engaged in the call. I "think" this will place the first call on hold
    (3) Have the VAD prompt for the desired extension, then look at the active connections and transfer the original call to the specified voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...