Transfer user input to call queue user

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by DL_, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DL_

DL_

Hello,

I only have the demo version of 3CX and do not yet have VAD as I am evaluating it. However I have a query on VAD.

When a user enters their details, such as a reference number can this be passed through to an agent in the call queue - via the chat feature or automatically open a web page for those details for instance when they answer the call?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there!

There is no simple way to pass data from a VAD app to the agent taking the queue call. The only way is as follows:
    1) From the VAD collect digits, and save them into a database for example, along with the Call ID. In order to get the Call ID you need to use the 3CX Call Control API (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/) from an External Code Execution component.
    2) Transfer the call to a queue.
    3) Create a 3CXPhone for Windows plug-in (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/) to receive the inbound call notification when the queue call is transferred to the agent. From that plug-in, get the Call ID using the 3CX Call Control API (same procedure than in step 1), and then go to the database and get the data saved along with the Call ID.
    4) Show the information to the customer from the plug-in (running in the agent PC).

As you can see, it's a challenging project.

Hope you find the information useful.

Kind regards.

3. DL_

DL_

Okay I will look into that if we decide to roll out the system, thanks.

4. DL_

DL_

Okay I will look into that if we decide to roll out the system, thanks.

5. lpendas

hi there, is there a way to really do this?
    "From the VAD collect digits, and save them into a database for example, along with the Call ID. In order to get the Call ID you need to use the 3CX Call Control API (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/) from an External Code Execution component."

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, it's possible as explained, but you need to write some code to do it. If you can wait for the VAD for v15, it will be much easier as the Call ID will be automatically available to the app without needing to use the 3CX Call Control API.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.