Transfer using analog phone & ATA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Denny, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Probably a simple question, but... If I am using an analog phone on an ATA (Linksys PAP2T), how do I transfer a call to another extension?

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Bob,

It depends on FXS device functionality. Some of devices are using "flash" signal (standalone button on analogue phones or short "on hook" signal). Other FXS devices provide advanced configuration options which allow you to specify "FXS port dial codes", such devices translate "local" dial codes to sequences of SIP requests. In any case, it is better to check documentation of your Linksys PAP2T.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Thank you Stepan - A flash gets me another dial tome. but I don't know what to do after that. I'll look at the PAP2T docs!!!

4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

WOW! The PAP2T is one complex little box! I did find the "Blind Transfer" code (*98). So you do a hookflash, want for a long time, hear the secondary dial tone, type *98, wait for a long time, hear the confirmation tone, dial the extension, and after a long time it rings. Good thing I have hold music. The time it's taking between steps seems really long...

Now to figure out why Ring Tone pattern 1 is chopped up.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Bob,

"Internal Affairs" of device is not under control of PBX, sorry. The PBX neither provide the RingTone nor waits until *98. If you can refute it then it will be the great input for us.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

PS: I did get all of the issues with the PAP2T worked out. I then wrote up a PAP2T/3CX setup guide and have given it to 3CX for addition to the Wiki. Thanks for your help!!

7. HJK

HJK

Hi Bob, could you send me that info? or point me to the right wiki page? could'nt find it....

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The wait you are having for dialtone (haven't experienced that myself) might have something to do with the Hook Flash Timer Min and Max. It's under the Regional tab. You might want to play with those to see if there is a difference. make note of what the original settings are.

As for the delay after dialling the *98 and the extension number... that could be the result of your dialplan not having specific entries that tells the PAP2 how to deal with those specific digit combinations. It will therefore wait for the 4 or 5 second timeout before sending the digits.

You do realize that you don't have to do an unattended transfer, you can just flash then dial the extension, and announce the call.

9. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

It's in HTML for direct inclusion into the wiki. But I have put it online here at

http://solo.dc3.com/pap2t/

I will send them the article again.

10. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I got it all worked out. Thanks. That was a long time ago 8) And yes I know about the normal flash/dial transfer but thanks for asking (just in case).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.