Transfer w/ DND?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobLloyd, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'm setting up another 3CX system with Linksys SPA-942 phones. One user has DND turned on from the phone. I tried to xfer a call to his extension and immedietly got his voice mail. Blind transfer wasn't even an option - I tried I ended up disconnecting the caller. How do you xfer someone to VM from another extension if they have DND on?

(I'm going to re-read the manual again in case I missed it)

Thanks,

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are some special codes you can use to within the IP PBX but I do not know them (OOOPS).

So I might have to read the manual aswell (that will be the first LOL).

We IT junkies are all the same, only use the manual to prop up the monitor :).

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

After taking the manual out from under the table leg :lol: I still didn't see anything in there.

On the same type of issue - call forwarding from 3CX works great. When initiated from the phone it starts the outgoing call (to a cell) but then bounces back - like it's waiting for an answer but times out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, that is interesting if the phone rejects the call (due to DND) the IP PBX should automatic route the call to the VM of that extension.

Simply because a DND should be treated as a non registered or not answered. Having said that did you configured these options in the extension settings on the IP PBX?

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I did get the VM. I should probably set it to ring when it's busy. Forgot about that setting.

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Under Busy there is no ring option. Only forward to ext or VM. Can't it ring the ext and if they want to put the 1st call on hold they could answer the new call?

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

So how do you transfer a call to VM from another extension if DND is turned on at the phone? Seems like a simple request....

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member