Transfered call Identity.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Deepest, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deepest

Hello

I have 2 customers complaining that they are unable to differentiate between a new call and a transferred call coming back to their reception console (T28) so customers that were transferred are getting the whole welcome to bla bla bla instead of sorry Mike is not answering can i take a message.

If you create a ring group for each user then you get the required behaviour but loose the feature of forwarding rules and BLF functionality.

So essentially I would like to see 210:1234567890 on a transferred call returning to reception from ext 210 (Mike) instead of 1234567890

2. Deepest

No ideas how to achieve this ?

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Yeah.. transfer the call to Mike. If he don't pick up.. goes to voicemail, his cell phone, whatever is on his extension rules.
    I heard the same at a shop where they page.. my response was the same there.

The alternative may be to set a ring group called "CALL RETURN" or something.. add the receptionist types to that, and set the boomerang to route to that group. The group name should come across as the call comes back.

Or.. tell Mike to put on his big boy pants and pick up his own friggin' voicemails. ;)

4. Deepest

Ok i managed to get this working as the customer wanted by setting up a ring group for each extension. So extension 210 and ring group 810 named Mike. So call from 1234567890 comes in to reception gets transferred to extension 210 (Mike) if it is unanswered it will forward to ring group 810 (Mike) which in turn is forwarded back to reception after a 0 second time out so reception sees the call return as Mike:1234567890 and can answer accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.