• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfering Call Between Hardware and Software Phone Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

markrosolowski

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very new to PBX and VoIP Phones. I got everything setup and working, but I came across a problem when trying to transfer a call from a Cisco SPA501G to the 3CX software phone.
Here are the results of other transfer attempts:

3CX Phone to 3CX Phone - Works
3CX Phone to SPA501G - Works
SPA501G to SPA501G - Works
SPA501G to 3CX Phone - Fails

I noticed that with the SPA501G phones you have to dial the extension number followed by a "#" to transfer the call, while the 3CX Phones don't need a "#". I feel like this has something to do with it... I'd prefer not having to dial the pound to transfer anyways, so is there a way to change this regardless of whether it will help?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Transfering Call Between Hardware and Software Phone Fai

How you make the transfer (attended / blind) from SPA-501G -- what sequence of buttons you press ?
The '#' sign is interpreted as end-of-dialing in some cases, otherwise the criteria is timeout or dialplan.

If you are using 3-digit numbering plan in 3cx, you may setup a dialplan in SPA-5xx phones like:
Code:
([1-9]xx|0xx.|[*#]x.)
where:
1xx - 9xx are extension numbers
0xx. - are external numbers
*x. and #x. - are special dial codes

Regards

Thanks for the reply eagle2, turns out that a firmware update and provisioning the phone through the server did the trick.

BTW, where can I learn the syntax to these phones? I'd like to set the BLFs on these things, but no matter what I search for I can't see to find anything but a few example codes here and there.

Thanks,
-Mark

You need to search for admin guide on Internet, it is hard to fine, as Cisco did their best to hide it (only partner access).

May be you'll find easier the Admin guide for old Sipura SPA-3000 or SPA-841 - nothing significant being changed since than. I saw recently a link to it in the 3CX forums. If you are not able to find it please send me your e-mail in private message - I will e-mail it to you.

Regarding BLF - it seems possible to use BLF only with the outdated SPA-932 (with SPA-962 phone) or with additional SPA-500S console only (with any of the new SPA-5xxG phones). I didn't managed nor find any clue in the Internet how to use the line buttons on SPA-504G or higher models for BLF beside multiple registrations which is not the same. Shared line appearance is not doing the job also.

Regards

Here are a couple of links to various Sipura/Linksys/Cisco Admin guides, some good reading...

http://www.belldandy.idv.hk/wordpress/index.php/2010/04/linksys-ata-pdf/
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.steel/voip/SPA_Admn_3102.pdf

There are others, you just need to do some creative searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.