Transfering Calls to VM using SIP App or Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sherlock, Feb 13, 2007.

1. sherlock

X-Lite does not support transfers. It seems that the 3cx phone does not either, unless I am not seeing it.

Thank you - Using SJPhone now. Trying to figure out how to transfer an active call into my own vm (if possible).

Hello, Great Product. I've gone through the manual for the PBX and the soft phone and installed the Call Assistant. The transfer options are greyed out. On the soft phone I can't find a Transfer button. I tried X-Lite and configured it but the Transfer button is greyed out.

I have spent time searching the PDF and the forum and can not find 'how' to transfer calls. I see that people have reported problems with this function.

Info:
    Windows 2003 Server (updated patches)
    Installed latest version Build v2.0.1361.0 today
    3 extensions (100-102)
    Using 3cx phone on 2 PC's and X-Lite on 3rd PC, 3cx is installed yet not running on third PC.
    Aside of the extensions no further configuration done on 3C server, waiting to have an answer on this.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.

TIA

-Sherlock

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I know only one free soft-phone that supports Transfer - sipXPhone, though it is not so good in other means. XLite allows to make transfers in commercial versions, as far as I know. 3CX Phone Lite doesn't support transfers. Probably, there's some other SIP soft-phones that have this ability, I didn't do thorough searches.
    Note, that almost any SIP hard-phone can do transfers.

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Re: Please Close Thread - Transfering Calls

X-lite doesn't support transfers as you mentioned. The options which are greyed out on the call assistant, will be available in the paid version as of March when it will be released.

As for the SJ phone you mentioned it is possible to make a blind transfer.Why do you want to make a transfer to your vm? Do you mean forward all calls to your vm?

4. sherlock

Transfer active to VM

When we are with a client its been helpful with other systems to be able to say "That's great but I am running out the door could you leave the details in my VM". It's useful to get a recorded message with info you can later review.