Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transferred Calls go straight to Voicemail????

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thechippig, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechippig

Help please!!

I've just got 3CX (free v10.0.24018.2322) set up using Grandstream GXW 4104 and Siemens Gigaset N300IP basestations with SL400 handsets.

Everything seems to work fantatiscally well other than when transferring calls.

Using the R button to initiate consultation, you can call another extension, but when using either the R button or Menu Selection to transfer the call, the caller is sent direct to the voicemail of the receiving extention. This happens both with attended and unattended transfers.... any ideas??

Also - call quality of external calls is not 100% - any ideas/help of best codecs/setting to use?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3Cx log show for a transfered call? 3CX must not be able to "find" the set if the call is going to voicemail. the log may give you some help as to what is happening,

Noise, Echo, low volume? The G711 codecs will give you the best overall quality. they use a higher bit rate but that should not be a concern internally. I would suspect that it may be a setting(s) in your gateway if you have already eliminated poor phone lines.

3. thechippig

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've changed some settings on the phone and the gxw4104.... Outgoing calls are near perfect but incoming calls are still poor.
    I assume this is because outgoing call quality is being set by the initiating handset, but incoming call codecs are being set by the gxw4104.... Any ideas on settings for the gxw to determine codec/call quality.

I will get a call log from a transferred call and post it.

Many thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.