• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

transferred calls shows extension not caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andriy

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

We have a problem when transferring calls desribed in this thread https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...erred-calls-shows-extension-not-caller.54479/
But it is closed for discussion

When a call is transferred to an extension the extension who transferred the call is displayed and not the calling number. This has only started happening with the latest updates.
  1. Extension 01 picks up external call from 01234567890
  2. Makes attended transfer to 02
  3. 01 Displayed on x291 phone
  4. After transfer completed display on x291 still says 200 (previously would have been 012534567890)
Firmware version:

3CX on 15.5.8801.3
Fanvil X3 & X6 on 2.3.2.4673

3cx confirmed there is a problem with phone firmware, but it is still not fixed. Maybe there is a way to install an older firmware that works fine?

If so, could anyone let us know the firmware number?

This behavior doenst happend on my 3CX Softphone, but does happend on 3CX Mobile (Android).

May not be a isolated problem with phone firmware.

Also: The number shown on the Softphone call history should be the caller number, but its showing as the originator of the transfer.

This behavior doenst happend on my 3CX Softphone, but does happend on 3CX Mobile (Android).
What version of the Android client are you using and what version is your PBX? Are you doing an attended or a blind transfer?

The number shown on the Softphone call history should be the caller number, but its showing as the originator of the transfer.
That is how it is working as the person that actually calls your extension is the person doing the transfer. On a blind transfer you should see the callers number in the call history.

Hello

thank you for reply

- I am using latest 3cx in cloud (3cx cloud).
- I am uusing Fanvil x3s and Android softphones.
- I am doing Attended transfer.

however, even after the transfer was successfully completed and I am talking lets say to JapanTV representative who originally called, my display on fanvil still says I am talking to the person who transferred me.

Is this meant by design? Or should I see the caller ID of the person I am actually talking to?

however, even after the transfer was successfully completed and I am talking lets say to JapanTV representative who originally called, my display on fanvil still says I am talking to the person who transferred me.

Is this meant by design? Or should I see the caller ID of the person I am actually talking to?
As you mentioned this is a confirmed issue with Fanvil firmware and we are waiting on Fanvil for a fix on this. On the phones display you should see the originators caller ID once the issue is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.