Transferred calls take 3 minutes to go to voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ernieayres, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernieayres

Any calls, internal or external, transferred to another extension take 3 minutes to go to voicemail. Also, but not as important, the caller doesn't hear any ringing. It's just silent for 3 minutes.

Any ideas as to where this setting can be changed?

Thanks!

2. carolinainnovative

Ok I'd say 1, something is misconfigured, because you should get SOMETHING - ringing or something on the call.

2 - the default is usually 20 seconds... check one of your extensions and see what it says under "Forwarding Rules" and "Available."

Usually the "if call is not answered within" time defaults to around 20 seconds.

Check your logs - make sure they're on verbose mode - and see whats going on. Just based on what you've said, not knowing any configuration you or someone else may have set - something is misconfigured.

3. ernieayres

@carolinainnovative, thank you for the reply.

Under "Forwarding Rules" on my extension the setting for "If the call is not answered within" is set to 20 seconds to then go to voicemail. I turned on the Verbose mode logging as you recommended but the system needs to be rebooted in order to activate that feature. I can't so that until late tonight or over the weekend.

It is very strange that this only happens when calls are transferred.

I agree that something must be misconfigured. The installer is no where to be found and no one else knows much about this system. I'm trying to get caught up as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for the assistance. If you think of anything else, please let me know. :D

4. carolinainnovative

OK, then, if the timeouts are set to 20 seconds, then I'm going to definitely say something is misconfigured.

If you're just inheriting this and aren't familiar with 3CX, you might want to consider finding a local 3CX partner to help you - at least to get over this initial trouble - then you can spend time getting caught up at your leisure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.