Transferred calls using transferers id rather than orginator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fruvos, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fruvos

I wonder if anyone can help with a curious problem we're having.

I've recently upgraded our 3CX system from 6.x to 7.1.7139 and have a small system of 6 Linksys SPA941 handsets attached to it. With the upgrade we seem to have introduced a slight bug, resulting in the following scenario;

1. External call comes in from number 01234 567 8901. This is shown on the caller of all handsets as '012345678901' as intended.
    2. The user on extension 101 picks up the call.
    3. They then transfer the call to extension 123, as it is intended for that user.
    4. Caller ID on extension 123 shows that it is receiving a call from extension 101, and the same information is reflected in the 3CX extension monitor.
    5. The user at 101 transfers the call, connecting the external user at 01234 567 8901 to user 123, yet the caller ID on extension 123 still shows the open call as being to 101 rather than the external number.
    6. If while the call is still in progress, you look at the extension monitor in the web manager, the statuses are as follows;

101: Registered (idle)
    123: Busy. Connected to 101

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this? It's a frustration, as the number changing from 101 to the external number was previously the visual cue to the user at 123 that the call was now fully transferred and they should now address the original caller from 01234 567 8901.

Any help appreciated.

This wasn't the behaviour that we saw previously with v6.x of 3CX, so I was wondering what could be different in the settings.

2. nml

nml

Experiencing the same issue on v8 -- any info on this? I'd rather the target of the transfer see the original callers callerid rather than the person who initiated the transfer.

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Target endpoint must support re-invite's to get caller Id updated upon attended transfer. If your phone do not support re-invite - use blind transfer, it passes proper caller Id immediately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bcsinfo.co.uk

I'm having a similar issue with attended transfers not passing the originators CLI.

External call (A) rings 3CX ext100(B). B transfers to internal Ext105(C). "We have Jason on the line.." Caller B hangs up, A is passed to B. However, Caller B (Ext101) still shows on the display of Phone Ext105(C) as the CLI..

Blind Transfer works OK, but not attended. I have confirmed with Yealink that the phones support re-invite, also tried it on a snom 360. No luck

Should this work or does it not work like this..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.