Transferring between sites

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by way, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. way

way

Hello

Just a quick question off of a strange call I was looking at today:

Site 1 and Site 2 both have 3CX and use a 3CX tunneled bridge between each other. I called into site 1 and was transferred to an extension in site 2. After this, I was transferred back to site 1. In terms of call quality, everything was just about fine.

What I did see, however, was that under the Ports/Trunks status, there was my call into site 1, the call from site 1 to site 2 which I assume handles the first call, then the call from site 2 back to site 1. So from one call, there are 3 licenses taken up on site 1 and 2 licenses on site 2, not too mention a lot of hops back and forth! :shock:

Is there a way to transfer calls back and forth a bit smoothly or at least go back down to 1 call if the call is transferred to one site then back again.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As this sort of scenario is probably rare, I suspect that while 3CX looks forward one step when transferring a call, it may not look back to tear down previous connection/trunks to minimize connections. Once a call is established, 3CX backs out of the call until it receives a message to perform an additional task.

You are thinking of a system that is designed to not only keep track of all call originations and destinations, but to optimize those connections if possible on an ongoing basis. While that could be done, it would make the PBX a lot more complicated (not to mention the added processing), and, the extra cost of development would have to be justified by the number of times this would be required on a regular basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.