• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transferring then recording the outbound call

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisel900

Reaction score
When someone phones into the system is it possible to transfer that call to a specified number and begin to record the call? I am trying to create this flow in VAD but I find that I am either able to transfer the call but not record, or record the call but not transfer. Am I correct in assuming that this is because the system has to complete each process before moving onto the next?

I realise that you can get the system to record calls in other ways it’s just that ultimately I would want the recordings from the calls made to be emailed to the individual who initially placed the call.
I’m very new to the VAD so forgive me if I have missed the obvious.

Hi,

The VAD is not designed to record a complete call. To do that you need to use the recording features of the 3CX Phone System. The idea of the Record component is take a message from the user, but not record an entire call.

To do what you're trying to do, I would use the 3CX recording features and once the call is recorded, use an external process, which you can code yourself, to get the WAV files from the file system and send it by e-mail.

Regards,

Ok Thanks for the response. It's a real shame that it just stops short of accomplishing my goal. Looks like I'm going to have to program a solution as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.