Transferring to the digital receptionist from voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stacey Richards, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacey Richards

Hello,

Is it possible for a caller to transfer back to the digital receptionist while listening to a voice mail greeting?

For example:

I call the office and the 3CX receptionist picks up the call.
    I type the extension of the person I want to be transferred to.
    That person doesn't answer and I hear the voice mail greeting.
    I don't want to leave a message, I want to try another extension.
    I can press * to get back to the operator extension phone but if the operator doesn't answer then I end up with the operators voice mail.
    Is there something else that I can press that will take me back to the digital receptionist?

Regards,

Stacey.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

In that case, you would use the forwarding rules of the receptionist extension to send the call to the IVR if unanswered instead of the receptionist VM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I don't think so, what some people do is create an IVR, someting like "to leave a message press 1, to return to the main greeting press 2" and so on, set up each phone to transfer to this IVR on no answer and set up the IVR to handle the calls as necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I tend to design the Operator extension to first not be any registered extension.. a placeholder.
    Ideally, I then have Operator forward to an IVR.

It can be a bit cumbersome when the intended Operator default should be a ring group/extension, though.. you can still route inbound call rules using a different extension or directly to the group/extension/etc.
    Even so, having it hit an IVR gives the "back door" effect some clients wanted.. without creating a mess in the process which I had to untangle once or twice.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Operator's extension should be configured to go to the routes which are specified in "placeholder" on "No Answer/Busy"
    If operator can answer the call - let him/her answer the call. Otherwise - "placeholder" will perform the "automated tasks"

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I saw this was entered in Facebook.

I agree user mailboxes should have some options:

* for the Operator - Operator per Extension - not global or by group. My announcement might not say "For the operator" but "for my Manager" dial * or 9.

Option to goto designated IVR - 8 - per Extension

Press 7 to have me paged in the building and call goes to a Shared Park. User is paged using their Recorded Name.

7. Stacey Richards

Thank you all for your replies.

I have now created a place holder extension and set that extension as the Operator extension (Settings > General > General > Operator extension). The place holder extension is set to send all incoming calls to the Digital Receptionist. From the Digital Receptionist I can now selected another extension. The extension that was previously set as the Operator extension happens to be the second item in the Digital Receptionist so callers can still get to the previous Operator extension without knowing what it was.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Stacey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.