Transfers between two pbx's via assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by acolville, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acolville

We have three sites, each with a 3CX pbx, all link via bridges. Presence between sites has always been an issue as the sites share receptionists (finally got around that one, by running three copies of the assistant under different users using runsas), this has been addressed in V9 - Well done! I have test this and it works.

But...I cannot seem to get transfers between sites to work! Am I doing something wrong?

This is how I am trying to make the transfer...

1) Drag the call from the local site to the remote site's tab
    2) When the display changes drag the call over the remote extention

At this point I would expect to get the transfer icon, but instead I get the normal square drag/drop icon and no transfer is made.

Is it possible to make attended transfer via the assistant ?

Thanks,

Alistair Colville

2. acolville

Just tried this with SP1, still does not work. This is a big feature for us and is highlighted on all the notes and presentations for V9.

Has anyone got this to work?

Is it a bug?

I do not personally have a support package, so I cannot log a bug report, I could get our reseller to do this, but I really should not have to resort to this to submit a bug with what is being touted as a major new feature.

A response from someone at 3CX would be good!

3. jcasares

Seems kind of useless to have 3 PBX set up like this if transfers don't work. :p

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as I know, call transfer between PBXes/providers are not possible. Let me explain
    - if you have two accounts, 100@malta and 200@cyprus, calls cannot be transferred between these two.
    - however, if malta PBX is bridged to cyprus PBX, the cyprus one being accessible through outbound rule say 9, a call on 100@malta can be transferred to 9200@cyprus.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. acolville

OK now I am very confused, does Nick know that transfers between pbx's do not work...

In his presentation on YouTube, the slide titled "Multi-Site 3CX Assistant" third line down it says "Transfer calls to extensions on remote PBX!" - note the ! just to really make sure we did not miss this!

So does this work or not?

I have done a large number of tests, but the problem appears to be in the assistant. ie it never try to make a transfer ie it is not a setup issue at the server end.

Have I got the assistant correctly setup?

I have three sites each connected to the other two via bridges, so this should work.

Please can you show me how to connect three sites (connected by bridges) to the assistant to monitor presence and transfer calls between sites.

Thanks!

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

As I said, "as far as I know": the new 3CXPhone (in which I'm involved and which is under testing right now) is also "multi-site", meaning being simultaneously connected to more PBXs; also as I said, call transfer between two different PBXs is not possible. I'm not involved in Assistant development, but I'm almost sure it's not possible in its case too.
    I cannot do the following test right now (I'm not at work) but, if you want, you may try it:

- to exclude Assistant and 3CXPhone from this "ecuation", use a different multi-account phone. Configure one account to PBX1, a second account to PBX2. From line1 make a call to PBX1, switch to line2 and make a call to PBX2, then try to transfer this call to the one on hold on line1 (attended transfer).

If this test is working OK, it means I was wrong, therefore we have to check and fix for a bug in Assistant/3CXPhone. If isn't working, it means I was right - transfer between two distinct PBXs cannot be done.

I repeat, I cannot do this test right now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. acolville

I think you might be misunderstanding me?

The release notes and the manual for v9 state clearly that the assistant is multi-Pbx and that it can be used to transfer calls between pbx's. The instructions state that to make the transfer you have to drag the extention to the remote pbx tab at the top then when the extentions for the remote pbx are shown, move down and drop onto the required extension to make the transfer.

All this works until you get to the bit about dropping it over extention, at this point nothing happens.

I think this is a major bug in the assistant in a key feature and needs to be addressed ASAP.

I appreciate your response, especially as you are not at work at present, but this needs escalating.
    Thanks for your help in the meantime.

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, about the Call Assistant transferring calls between two PBX, this is a known issue and it will be tackled.
    We are working on it and we will provide an update soon.
    Thanks and Regards

9. acolville

Thanks for the update, but given this is such a well advertised feature shuld this have not been fully tested?

Anyway, I have another issue where the bridges are being blacklisted by the remote servers.

After some fairly intense testing I have found that if the PBX is on a VLAN, with the router on a different VLAN, then remote sites are blacklisted, see the following...

Here a call is being placed by 100@192.168.6.2 across a DIRECT bridge to 200@192.168.8.2

This breaks the multi-site capabilites of 3CX, so until resolved we have to stay with V9.Transfering calls between sites using the assistant is a nice feature and will be useful, but not being able to transfer calls betweeb sites is a deal breaker

Please help!

11:48:40.518 [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 96.9.132.83:3478 over Transport 192.168.8.2:5060
    11:45:43.892 Requests rate from IP 192.168.6.2 is too high! Blacklisted for 167 seconds
    11:45:43.892 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
    INVITE sip:200@192.168.8.2:5060 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.6.2:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-bb7df9178011c064-1---d8754z-;rport=5060
    Max-Forwards: 70
    To: <sip:200@192.168.8.2:5060>
    Call-ID: ZDdmY2NmNWVhYjcyM2Y2MDgzMzIyMGE1MjM1NDc3Mzc.
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE
    Supported: replaces
    User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 9.0.13677.0
    Content-Length: 0
    Remote-Party-ID: "10002"<sip:10002@192.168.8.2:5060>;party=calling

10. jasn78

has there been any update to this issue? as we also require transfers between pbxs as we dont want to run 1 pbx for both offices across a vpn.

11. abc123

abc123 Active Member

This problem was only to do with drag and drop transfers in the assistant, you can still transfer between pbxs using outbound rules and bridges.

We have an outbound rule that says if the number starts with 8 and is 4 digits long (the other pbx is on 3 digit extensions) then send to the slave bridge and drop the first digit.

So to transfer a call using the phone or assistant we just put the 8 in front of their extension number and it works.

What the original op was asking for was not to do this. when you drag and drop to the other pbx in the assistant it is supposed to pick be able to transfer automatically

12. jasn78

abc123, sorry that is exactly what i meant as well. I am also wanting to do the exact same feature with 3cx assistant

13. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I dont think it will be released for a while yet.

They have been working on the security side of things and released SP2 - which I strongly recommend EVERYONE downloads as they now generate random strong passwords and random pin numbers for new extensions.

So I would wait a while and use the work around for now.

14. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Please install this build and try it out - http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXAssistantSetup90_13907.exe
    With this build you can transfer calls between two PBX via Assistant

What you need to do is the following steps -

Create a Bridge or tunnel from PBX A to PBX B

PBX A - Outbound Rule is set to 1
    PBX B - Outbound Rule is set to 2

Now in the Call Assistant -

PBX A - Prefix 2
    PBX B - Prefix 1

Now you can transfer calls from 1 PBX to another PBX.
    Thanks and Regards

15. acolville

OK, I have this installed, we do not not normally use the site prefix, but use a rule to strip the first digit.

The issue is not that transfers are failing, but that the assistant does not try to make a transfer when using drag and drop. You can drag, but there is no drop icon, other than when transferring a call to the same pbx

This update does not fix the problem.

16. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Alcovile,

Give us some time and we will take care of this :cry:
    Transferring between PBX's / Sites works great, and we have tested it before releasing as we do with all our products and i can tell you that if you have all your sites connected to each other via Bridge and have the correct outbound rules this function will work.

What you are experiencing is something related to direct sip calls / blacklisting.

17. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Alistair, can you describe your issue in detail. I need more specific information to understand your problem.
    Did you first try registering a bridge as I described from my previous posts and transfer calls from 1 PBX to another?
    Does the extension when you try drag and drop have user rights to perform this operation?
    Can you tell me how is your bridge configured?
    From where are you dragging the call?

Please send me an email - mb@3cx.com - so i can check your bridges configurations also with the outbound rules you are using. Also send me a Screen shot on how you configured your Assistant with multiple connections.
    Thanks

18. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

About your issue regarding blacklists - Can you restart all the services of both PBX's and if you replicate the scenario send me logs from both sides to review.

Thanks again.

19. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am having problems with this also, but I am not convinced yet that I have set it up correctly so will wait until the weekend when it is quieter.

One problem I do have, and I may need to do a feature request, is that the dial prefix will only let me set it up for 1 bridge.

For example, if i have a 3cx in head office, one in branch1 and one in branch2 all bridged then i cannot put a prefix in the assistant for branch1 and branch2. Or can I and this is where I am going wrong above?

PBX1 has dial prefix 1 to PBX2 and dial prefix 2 to PBX3
    PBX2 has dial prefix 1 to PBX1 and dial prefix 2 to PBX3
    PBX3 has dial prefix 1 to PBX1 and dial prefix 2 to PBX2

In my assistant i have ext 101 pbx1, 101 pbx2 and 101 pbx 3. but i cannot drag n drop between them to other lines.

Edit: If this feature of multiple PBX's is not available yet, no biggie as i just do the correct transfer rather than drag n drop, but just wanted to know if it was a feature in the latest beta you gave us.

20. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, we are still working to improve its functionality and to support transfers (drag and drop using the call assistant) to more connections. In the meantime try this out having 2 connections connected to a bridge (using the beta build I posted).
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.