Transfers without the voice prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by casualmikey, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casualmikey

I would like to have one of our queues transfer a call without hearing the voice prompt stating "please hold while we transfer your call". I would like the option to choose whether to hear the voice prompt or not. In all cases, except this one, I still want to hear the voice prompt.

The situation I have is when nobody is logged into a queue, there is a behavior you can set which is the same as the max timeout setting. In this scenario, I want it to connect to another queue.

It works great except the caller will hear the "please hold while we transfer your call" twice in a row very quickly. Once when they log into the initial queue and then a second time when they are transferred to another queue (due to the fact that nobody was logged into initial queue).

Is there a way to turn the voice prompt off on some occasions and keep on for the rest?

2. pim1

i think it can't be done.

3. casualmikey

Thanks for the reply. This is definitely a wish list item for me. It would be good to add a checkbox which can toggle that next to the 'send call to'.

4. carolinainnovative

I don't know if this is still of interest to anyone but this can be done by editing the vxml files in ~\3CX\Data\Http\Intervace\ivr\

Specifically, transfer.vxml.

This will affect ALL transfers from the ivr, but it is doable...

In the above folder, check transfer.vxml -

Find line 14 -

Code:
    <audio src="GetPrompt.aspx?id=PLSHOLD" />
    change it to

Code:
    <!-- <audio src="GetPrompt.aspx?id=PLSHOLD" /> /-->
    Then restart whatever web server you are using. If you're using IIS, you only need seem to need to recycle the 3CX Application pool.

You can monkey with the vxml condition on line 12 (cond="trprompt==1") and work up a different set of conditions if you wish so that it plays it most of the time but not if it is a certain extension.

See this topic for more:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-recording-notification-6277.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.