Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Translation Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danavni, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danavni

i am in the process of translating the 3CX PBX to Hebrew.
    i have come across a few needs which i think are missing:
    1. since the wav file recordings are done in a studio, i need to provide a list of phrases to record. i saw the list of the voice prompts on the management system but there is no export of the list. i think such an export should be added. i managed to get the list out by hacking the HTML of the web UI but that is not the way to let users work.
    2. after i will receive all the wav recordings, i will want to check that they combine well into sentences. is there some utility to run and in it be able to hear all voice prompts that the system has? i do not want to go live with the PBX and then find out that some sentence at some option sounds bad because the words do not combine as expected. and i hope an i not expected to try using the operator to try to hear all prompts
    3. in Hebrew, 1000 and 2000 have pronunciation other than 3000+. in English 2000 is pronounced "two thousand". in hebrew it's one word describing 2000. from 3000 and up it's "N thousand". how can this be translated? since different languages have different ways to pronounce numbers, and since we have developers here, maybe 3cx can add some option where we would write a .net dll that will accept a number and return a string of the wav tokens that should be used to pronounce the number?

thanks

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Dana,

We have a document that can guide you to changing prompt sets, the only way to test it is by going trough all the IVR's manually.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/localize-promptsets/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danavni

Hi Mark,

thanks for the quick response. i have to say this is not the answer i was hoping for. it's one thing to hear the main prompts of the IVR but it's a completely different thing to try to simulate the number reading. how can i simulate being the 10Th in a queue? or having 25 messages on my voicemail. or 26? or 27? or how can i simulate when a message was received (month/day) to see that this is also working?

how have you tested your already existing translations? i am sure it wasn't by trying various combinations using the IVR.
    i think you must develop or have internally some tool for testing. all i am talking about is a simple window with a lot of radio buttons where i would specify the prompt to hear (out of every available prompt in the system) and i would hit play and hear it through the speakers of the PC. (and possibly have some info as to what files where used to play it so i can debug problems easily)

also, you have not answered my question about the 2000 pronunciation in Hebrew. how can i change that?

thanks
    Dani Avni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.