Trick to changing "Logging Level" in 7139 ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thenua, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenua

Hi All,
    I'm really struggling to change the "logging level" on my current v7.1.7139 build. I want to change it to "verbose" to do some info gathering on inward DID. However the logging level will not change for me ! Is there a trick to this ?

The "logging level" setting is found under the "Advanced" tab and should require a re-start to become effective. However whan I change the setting to "verbose" and hit "apply", the change just appears to be ignored ! A restart doesn't help either.

If I change another (unrelated) value on the Advanced Tab, it does get successfully applied. Hence its just the "logging level" value that appears to be ignored !

I am using IIS as my web interface and both Firefox AND Explorer as browsers. (3CX is running under XP.) Both browsers exhibit identical behaviour - i.e. no change to the "logging level" setting is saved.

As an asside (not sure whether this is related) ... I can not stop or retart services from within the 3CX Browser either. To stop and re-start services, I need to go to services.msc (under XP's "Start > Run" and do it there instead.

Has anyone else had trouble changing "logging level" and found an answer ?

Regards
    Andrew (thenua)

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

in fact i see this problem too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thenua

Hi ehermouet,

Are you using Cassini or IIS ?

Regards
    thenua

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

i use IIS. in fact the problem is probably here, because before (in cassini) it worked. but no idea to resolve

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thenua

"Logging Level" doesn't work in IIS on Version 7

Hi All,

I just re-installed 3cx today (version 7139) on a new machine and this time selected "Cassini" instead of IIS.

On this machine the "logging level" is change-able AND services can be started and stopped as expected.

This seems to confirm that there is a bug with 3cx 7139 with IIS that prevents the changing of the logging level and also starting/stopping services.

Regarding "Services", there is a work around by typing "services.msc" in the windows "run" command. However there is no work-around that I have discovered as yet to changing the 3cx logging level if you are using IIS.

Just posting this update to let 3cx know of the likely bug and also others so they don't become needlessly frustrated !

Cheers
    thenua

6. comresource

comresource Member

I have a fresh 3cx install using IIS and see no issues with either changing logging level or restarting service. The only thing I can suggest testing is to make sure the 3cx management page is in your trusted sites list if you are using IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.