• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tricky disconnection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tova

Reaction score
Hi,

I have successfully installed the 3CX free version and configured a PSTN line through a Linksys 3102 gateway. I also tried the Asterisk and that was definitely more complex to configure. With 3CX, I was up and running on the first attempt. Very nice, indeed.

Everything works just fine BUT when the calling party hangs up the phone, the line is not disconnected immediately. I have connected the FXO port (of the gateway) to a FXS port of my WebSTAR EPX2203 modem provided by my cable teve supplier, ie I am not connecting the gateway to the PSTN directly.

Besides issuing a request to the cable teve supplier what is the best/recommded way of troubleshooting this issue? Has the 3CX system any secrets that can help me out or is there any specific tool that can help identify how the signalling is carried out by the modem? Or is this communication issue a matter between the gateway and modem only?

Thanks in advance

Torbjörn

Should be a setting in the gateway that issues a disconnect request when it detects, so I would start with the settings in the linksys

3cx does not have any such tool. Disconnect tones are configured in the Gateway, and it is known issue with many gateways. Disconnect tone is country specific, so talk to your service provider about disconect tones ore use the following website to find it put

http://www.3amsystems.com,

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.