Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Tricky: How to ignore one certain external DID/MSN?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voiper, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voiper

Hi Folks,

what I want seems to be simple but unfortunately 3CX can't do it (?): I want to ignore a certain DID which is signalled by a Patton 4552 to 3CX. Actually, 3CX picks every signalled DID. I simply miss a switch like "Do nothing" in the section "Configure where calls should be routed...". Why I need that? Simply because our client has external ISDN-based industrial modems with own DID but connected to the same line like SN4552/3CX. Because 3CX picks every signalled call, the other ISDN-based applications are unemployed :shock:

Thanks for any tip!

Best regards,

Voiper

2. aveiser@veiser.de

If you remove the DID from incoming rules, 3CX will should not pick up the line.
    Did you try this?

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

3CX cant see the DID until it answers the line so there is no way to do this. A PBX should never share a line with another inbound device because the PBX (regardless of brand) needs to answer the call in order to route it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voiper

Hello.

thanks for your appreciated answers.

It's true, there's really no way to simply ignore a certain incoming DID/MSN in 3CX. I solved my problem now by configuring the Patton 4552 with additional parameters like that:

routing-table called-e164 IF_ISDN_0
    route 123456 dest-interface IF_SIP_0 [where 123456 stands for the external DID/MSN you WANT to handle by 3CX]
    route 234546 dest-interface IF_SIP_0
    [...]

interface isdn IF_ISDN_0
    route call dest-table IF_ISDN_0
    user-side-ringback-tone

Thanks the outstanding support from Senior VoIP Engineer Mr. Jörg Wagenlehner, an Allnet employee, this problem was solved elegant.

Voiper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.