• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Trigger Outgoing Call and play prompt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gledi

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to CFD but trying to find a solution for our monitoring system.
What we want to achieve is that when something happens, a call is made to a specific number and a prompt is played.
Going through CFD examples and documentation, I was not able to find a way to trigger calls from outer events. Our system by default sends emails, but we can capture it's events and transform it in whatever it is possible for 3cx to launch a call.
Is it possible?
Also, the prompt playback seems to be available only for incoming calls. Is there any trick to make it play for outgoing ones?

Thank you

Hi @Gledi,

You need an outbound dialer to make these calls, please take a look here:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-outbound-dialer/

The dialer can read the numbers to dial for example from a database, so if you insert the info in a database, this could be a solution for your case.

Then, this call will be made between 2 endpoints. One of them is the number to call, and the other endpoint is the extension of a Digital Receptionist to play your message.

Kind regards.
Ernesto.

Thank you very much for the brief response @edossantos

I actually have read the info in your link, and somehow understood it, but since I am trying to make it work with a monitoring system, I need a way to trigger the dialer without automatically starting it. Is there any chance for it?

With the other endpoint being the extension of Digital Receptionist, you mean like it being the A_Number? Is that possible?

Last edited:
Well, the dialer always starts immediately when the 3CX Queue Manager service starts, but you can use Conditional components to check if it's the right moment to make a call or not. The article explains how to use conditions to make the call only when an agent is available. The same can be done to check if the trigger is set or not. For example, you can use a database to store 2 variables:
1) If the trigger is set (true / false)
2) The number to call

Then, the dialer makes a query to the database every time it loops. You can configure this time, so for example the dialer queries the database once every 30 seconds. Then, when the trigger is set, it makes the call.

Another possible approach, if you can create a small C# program, you can use the 3CX Call Control API to make the call exactly when you need:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/call-control-api/

When you make a call using the Make Call component, or the MakeCall method in the 3CX Call Control API, you need to specify 2 numbers: Origin and Destination. Then 3CX will try to make a call to the number you specified for Origin. Once this call is established, 3CX will make a call to the number you specified for Destination, and finally connect both endpoints together.

In your case, you need to set the Origin to the external number, and the Destination to the internal Digital Receptionist extension. This way, the external number will receive a call, and immediately after the Digital Receptionist will start playing the file you configure for it.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.