Troncal Sip Antel and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alejandro, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alejandro

Hi there,
    I'm having some problems with a fresh install of 3CX.
    The enterprise has made a contract for a Sip Trunk from our local company Antel (Uruguay).
    All my extensions connect to our 3CX, and from the 3CX outwards I can ping 190.64.60.4 (an IP which has been provided by Antel for testing purposes) without problems, but....
    Although I've configured everything following the manuals, the sip trunk just does not connect.
    From Antel I get a mail saying: "Antel's sip trunk does not use SIP register (user and passward are not used). Antel instead sends a message "OPTION" as heartbeat and your PBX must automatically answer with the message "200 OK".
    So I suppose I'm missing just this point. How do I get 3CX to behave in this way?

Thanks,
    Alejandro Frasch
    SysAdmin at IAI Montevideo

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please make sure that the firewall checker passes the tests successfully. The PBX should respond automatically to the option message is the message reaches the PBX successfully. A wireshark capture should help you see if the messages are coming are correct from and to the PBX.

3. Alejandro

The problem is, I have following data to configure:
    IP from ANTEL'S SIP Server
    A specific IP the client (in this case our 3CX) must have
    A default gateway to route packages to Antel's network
    mask /30
    and the DID we got
    So after configuring everything I figured out, that if I had only a route and a default route for eth1 which is bound over bridge to br0 in the host this shows to our Fortigate Firewall and works fine for our LAN, and for updates of our 3CX, but it does not work for doing a ping test against 190.64.60.4 which is the address I got from Antel to test connectivity. So I added the nessessary routes and then I had a ping. Connectivity is there.
    The address 190.64.60.4 does not answer when pinged from my laptop, only when pinged from that VM.
    Yet, the firewall checker test fails.
    There is something else though... I made the installation and configuration of 3CX while we did not have this sip server contract. So I used only our local IP and our sip domain which is still linked in a Domain server to the address 190.64.77.165... As soon as I had the new data I just entered it in the web configuration tool...since then I had only access over the local IP address to the 3CX, and as nothing works I just changed the IP showing to the internet to be the one IP I got from Antel... and kicked myself out of the configuration tool...have no access in any way... is there a possibility to change this over commands?

4. Alejandro

So... I'm half way through... I realized I had forgotten the small detail of accepting incoming connections to br1 in the iptables... dummy mistake... still I got a connection, I'm able to call and receive calls, but no audio...I'm still missing something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.