trouble dialing internal extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by woo60420, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woo60420

Lately we are having issues when dialing or transfering 4 digit ext. that begin with 10 or 11. As soon as you input the 10 or 11 a call is attempted but obviously fails because we use 4 digit extensions. The issues are happening on polycom 501 and 430 phones. If you don't pick up the hand reciever and dial any ext. the call will go through, but when the reciever is picked up and you attempt to make a call to an ext starting with 11 or 10 it will attempt to make a call? All transfers fail unless you are dialing to an ext. other then one that begins with 10 or 11.Anyone have any issues related?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have a dialplan in each set that may be sending off (to 3CX) the (two) digits before you have entered all four? Did this work previously? Any SIP device needs to know when to send the dialled digits to the PBX/Provider. This can be done with a "dial" or "send" button, (the # key on some sets), picking up the handset after using hands free or a dialplan. You have to craft a dialplan based on the numbers you would normally dial from the set. If you are still using the default dialplan, that may be your problem. Most PBXs tend to avoid using extensions beginning with 1, saving that digit for access to other things.

3. t4mack

Would you mind posting the server activity log?

4. woo60420

Where are dial plans set up so that i can check into that. Are they the same thing as outbound and inbound rules? Anyways i took a copy of our log from yesterday. Our logging level is set to low so i'm not sure how much you'll get out of this log but here it is. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

5. woo60420

Also it seems as if i recall having issues when the last time change occured? For a week or so some of our phones times were still an hour behind while the rest were correct? That seems to be about the time that i started noticing the issue at hand.

6. skagen

It sounds like a phone config issue. Are you provisioning the phones through 3CX with the provisioning templates? With our system, I have polycom 560's and I had to adjust the "digitmap dialplan.digitmap" section in the phone config file (provisioning templates).

7. t4mack

What types of phones are you guys using. I have had this issue with the Polycom 6000 conference phone. It may be using the second 1 as a send button. Check for update of the phone or as skagen said it may be the provisioing template.

8. woo60420

We are using poly 501's and 430 as well as some linksys and cisco peppered in.

9. woo60420

If we are using 3cx/phone provisioning to create the config files that the phones are pulling down, how can the config file be the issue here? This issue is not happening on every phone we have in the org.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.