Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble dialing out with Patton 4112

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sl4ppy, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sl4ppy

I'm having some difficulty dialing out on my standard analog lines after setting up my 3cx installation with a Patton 4112 2-port FXO.

When I place a call using the 3CXPhone from my PC, it returns "Server Failure".

All my extensions can call each other, and my 4112 receives calls just fine.

My 4112 is completely setup as a PSTN device, and I have a basic outbound rule setup with 9 as the prefix, all extensions specified as valid 'calls from', and 3-11 as number of digits allowable. I have a single route setup with a single strip digit and no prepend.

When I dial 9XXXXXXXXXX from an extension, I immediately received a "Server Failure" message.

3cx server IP is:

Patton 4112 FXO IP is:

Here is the server log during an attempted call.
    edit: I completely re-setup the Patton, still trouble, new verbose logs.

2. sl4ppy

Desperate for an answer before I am forced to return the 4112. :/

3. purpleone

I'm having the same problem with a 4114. I even removed and reinstalled 3CX and defaulted the patton - still no good.

I fixed it before I finished this post. I had to turn off line hunting. When you run the wizard to setup the Patton - leave 'no hunting' selected. I have tested and outgoing calls sill hunt for a free line.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Typically this is an indication of a bad line, for whatever reason it might configured incorrectly on the providers side. Grab a normal analog phone and see if you can make calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Antares

We are having this same prob with a Patton 4114. We've confirmed the lines are fine.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the Patton, perhaps seeing the PSTN lines as being in-use, thereby refusing the call. There is sometimes a voltage threshold setting that gateways uses to make the determination that it should not attempt to place a call or risk interrupting a call already on the line. Usually it doesn't need to be changed from the defaults. Are there any Patton logs that show why the call was rejected?
    I see "Request Terminated", Bad Gateway and then Server failure. The Request Terminated seems to indicate that the Patton just doesn't want to, or is unable to handle the call for some reason.

7. enable

Check the following settings on the web interface of the Patton (assuming you are in the US). They solved a similar problem for one of my customers:

loop-break-duration min 300 max 1500
    disconnect-signal loop-break
    disconnect-signal busy-tone

Robert C. Covington
    eNable Business Solutions

8. DrunknMONK

loop-break-duration min 300 max 1500
    disconnect-signal loop-break
    disconnect-signal busy-tone

Had the same problem, these worked for me ok in the UK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.