Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble Installing- 3CX - v14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mjwilson0675, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjwilson0675

-Windows 2008R2-Domain Server (not Domain Controller, but server in the domain)
    -3cx phone system 14 installer

Install goes smooth, but getting an install halts during the "Executing Windows Firewall configuration"
    with the following popup error "Invalid Firewall port/protocol: UDP:9000-9499"
    When I click OK it rolls back the install.

Ver 12 installs fine.
    Anyone else sees this issue? or better yet knows how to fix it?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

V12 did not use the same port range as V14, With V14 it became a larger range to support the added features.

While I am uncertain if this will fix it, take a look at the Windows firewall and see if other applications are already assigned to using the expanded ports and then if possible, make changes that would free same up.

3. dcs4

I had the same problem. Even though the firewall was turned off and to be safe I unchecked where it was applied to the LAN. But here what I think was the root cause...I looked in Administrative Tools Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and noticed Inbound Rules were Enabled including a 3CX Rule that may have been a remnant from the 12.5 uninstall. So I deleted 3CX Rule and to be safe disabled Windows Firewall Service (services.msc).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.