Trouble registering a SIP Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Marc Z, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Marc Z

Troube registering a Gateway

Hi there,

I am trying to register a VOIP/ISDN gateway from Auerswald (actually, this device is manufactured by Tiptel) and I get a "407 Proxy Authentication Required" error.

The Gateway has been registered successfully on FreeCall so it seems to be ok. I can register OpenWengo on the local machine (the one that runs the 3CX server).

The 3CX server and the client gateway are connected through a simple local Ethernet switch and I seem to have deactivated all firewalls on the server.

Here are the Etherreal captures :

Can someone help me understand ? I shall provide other info or Ethernet captures if necessary.

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Any chance you can post logs from 3CX itself? I do better with those.

3. LORD ORION

Something in one of the authentication headers isn't right.

Usually your sip registration should look like this.

-> Register
    <- Failed
    -> Register with Credentials
    <- Accepted or Failed

It's hard to tell without being able to look at the entire etheral capture, but it looks like it isn't responding to the initial challenge with credintial info?

In ethereal/wireshark look at "Statistics -> Flow Graph" to see if your endpoint responds to the initial fail message.

If it didn't respond, something in the ID settings didn't match as expected, so no challenge was issued. (usually realm setting or endpoint IP setting)

4. Marc Z

Thanks Mirzab and LORD ORION...

Regarding Etherreal, I can see no other interesting frames, but I shall register on an Internet VOIP provider, make other captures and compare..

Here is a 3CX log from 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log :
    192.168.0.4 is the Gateway
    192.168.0.11 is the PC\Windows running 3CX

5. Arnaud

Hi, did you ever managed to get this to work ? I'm facing the same challenge. Also bought a VOIP Gateway from Auerswald, to connect my public BRI as PSTN to the 3CX PBX, but am unable to get the device to properly register.
    I could start capturing some logs to publish, but was first of all interested if someone got this to work in the first place, and if so, please share some configuration tips.
    Thanks,
    Arnaud

6. Marc Z

No, I did'nt :cry:
    Actually I posted the logs above, hoping someone would have a clue about it.

As 3CX usage was just for test purposes, I bypassed that test and the Auerswald adapter has been cut into service for one week, in conjunction with a SIP Telco (Free Telecom).

It seems that sometime it logs on to the SIP server, sometimes not (but if the "authentification" field is altered, it seems to log again). As I am not there to monitor the adaptater, I have no more information at the moment (the PBX is configured so that calls are routed transparently). I will take care of it again mid-december.

7. gold_god

I have the same problem with tiptel 40 VoIP (lastest firmware 1.4.3) trying to connect to 3CX Free Server 5.1.4128.0.

After having analysed tiptel's trace log and 3CX trace log, I found what was the problem but I still have no solution to fix it :
    tiptel 40 VoIP tries first to connect without authentification and if the server's respons is "401 Unauthorized", tiptel will then try to authenticate.

The point is 3CX Server sends SIP response "407 Proxy Authentication Required" but tiptel does not ricognize that code.

I have just send an email to tiptel support this morning.

May be 3CX's developers team could add a "compatibility mode" which replaces 407 error code by 401 error code...