Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble registering

Discussion in 'Windows' started by msiam12, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msiam12

I have the older version of 3CX that is registered and works fine. The New download of the Windows 3CX 12 I cant get to register. I have entered the same Credentials as used in the older version. Not connected is showing where the older version shows "On Hook". This is set up on windows 7. I Dont know what other info you would need to diagnose my problem..

I did open the port forwarding 5000 I still get the "Not connected" note where the older version gets the "On Hook"

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say which version of the 3CX PBX you are attempting to use this with. I have to assume that it is version 12 as well as the 3CX phone version 12 will not work with anything else.

If my assumption is correct...then what log(s) do you see in the 3CX PBX, when a registration attempt is made? Anything?

Opening port 5000 will only allow the (additional) presence information pass through. Calls should work without it, everything else being correct.

Did you manually provision the phone?

Since you mentioned the ports, I have to assume that you are attempting to use this outside the local LAN. Have you tried getting it to work on the same network as the server? That might be a good first step.

3. msiam12

In the Guide on how to install, I see that there is a needed email attachment . How am I to get that??
    In the 3CX Login,
    it reads:
    "3CX Phone is unreachable.
    3CX will try to reconnect
    automatically. Please wait" Well, it just waits and waits..
    I am trying to configure this version 12 the same way that my version 6 is configured, which version 6 is working fine, on the same PC.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You didn't answer any of the questions that I asked.

5. msiam12

I am attempting to use the version 12. Not the PBX, There are no logs that I can see when I try to register. When I click the "Presence" at the top I would expect another page, but nothing.
    Yes I am attempting a manual provision. Many different ways of attempt .. I sometimes get a page, 3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3cx phone systemm WEB API. As a result blah blah... You can still make and receive Phones Calls via SIPWhilst we try to re-establish full functionallity in the back ground...Then another page " To Use this client your server must be 3CXPhone system Version 12 Please contact your admin to request and upgrade of 3CX Phone System".

My attempt is to use the free version.. I am trying to upgrade to the version 12 from the older version 6. 6 seems to be working but, I am trying to get newer features that the upgrade or, new version will have.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Then you cannot use the Version 12 3CX phone, it will only work with version 12 of the 3CX PBX.

If you want to use the 3CX Phone with a server other than the 3CX PBX, you'll have to go back to the older version.

As you've discovered, in the warning message, the latest releases of 3CX Phone are no longer "generic" SIP applications, they are specific to the matching versions of the PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.