• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Trouble updating 3CX from 15.0.60903.0 to 15.0.62928.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Reaction score
When I try to do the update from the console, I get the expected warning screen that says "The 3CX services need to be stopped during the update. Management Console will be unavailable during this time. An email will be sent to the Admin after the update is complete. Do you want to proceed with the update?"

I click the OK button and I get the banner that says "Download updates... Download has started, please wait" but it doesn't move past that. I had t running all weekend, but it still says the same thing.

What I've done so far with no change in results:
  • I tried turning off the anti-virus and the Windows firewall.
  • I have rebooted the server.
  • I successfully downloaded and updated phone firmware from the same interface.
  • I have tried the update from the server itself and from a client.
  • I am able to get to downloads.3cx.com (blank page with "I am here eu" on the tab).
If anyone has any advice on what else I can try, I'd appreciate it. I would eventually like to get it up to the current version (15.5, I believe), but I suppose I need to work my way to that being available in the interface, is that right?

Thanks for your help.

Jono

hello jono,

I have sent you a P.M please check your inbox.

Reactions: Jono
Here's the results of this thread in case it will help anyone, but I'm not sure there's a lot to say.

GiannocC_3CX asked me to do a Wireshark trace. After the Wireshark install a reboot was required. I did the reboot that was required by the Wireshark installation. When the server came back up, I got an email stating that an update failed. I never received an email like that before, so I tried the update again and it worked perfectly! I got the expected "success" email and then immediately another email stating that another update was necessary. That second update was also successful and now I'm on v15.5.5! I never even started Wireshark.

Bottom line in this case was: Do another server reboot.

I hope this helps others.

Hello,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved Jono and thanks for update the post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.