trouble updating new service pack

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

When I go into the updates module I see that there's a new service pack available. My installed version is 15.0.57336.0 and the new version is 15.0.59381.0 (SP2??).

When I select that to update and click to download the selected update, I get the expected message that "The 3CX services need to be stopped during the update. Management Console will be unavailable during this time. An email will be sent to the Admin after the update is complete. Do you want to proceed with the update?"

When I say yes, I get kicked out of the console as expected but I never get the email signalling completion (and the phones never appear to go offline). After waiting a long time (e.g. 30 minutes), I log into the console again and check the updates and I see that nothing has happened (I am still on the same version and it still says the update is available).

I did this several times but no luck....it never actually updates.

Any suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I guess your email server is set up correctly and your PBX is capable of sending mails.
    The same issue happened twice to me with different PBXs, but trying again update, it went smoothly and I got email on completion.
    I guess there is an issue in accessing 3cx.com server to download the necessary update and retries could help or try it again later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After the update process begins and the management console logs you out do the services of the PBX actually stop?
    Have you checked using services.msc?
    they won't stop right away but they should stop after a few minutes. Maybe a process hangs and can't stop?

4. asinshesq

Thanks to both of you. Eagle2, I have tried repeatedly over the last several days and never get anywhere. YiannisH, good call on checking services...they do NOT stop after I click to update. Any thoughts on what to try next?

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you reach the downloads site? Try typing on the browser downloads.3cx.com. You should see a I am Here on the tab but a blank page.
    Also have you tried giving the server a restart to clear any cached items?

6. asinshesq

Thanks. I can reach the site fine. And I tried rebooting the pc several times and that didn't help either. Any other thoughts?

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I have sent you a p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.