Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble with 800/888 numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sl4ppy, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sl4ppy

Our 3CX system is connect with a Patton 4112 FX0 gateway.

I have had pretty good luck calling local numbers out, but for some reason, I only can call 800 or 866 numbers about 50% of the time. Either the call goes through just fine or I receive the Telco's automated "We're sorry, we are unable to complete your call as dialed. Dial 1 or 0 first, then the area code and telephone number." message.

On one of our 4 SPA-921 handsets, the success rate is probably 30-40% at most. Using the 3CX softphone, the call completion success rate is about 60-80%. Either option is a gamble at best.

Originally I couldn't dial ANY toll-free numbers, but found our 3CX caller-ID field was blank. Putting in our correct phone number seemed to resolve before we encountered this issue.

Anyone have any suggestion or might be able to point me in the right direction??

Thank you in advance!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given this recording, it sounds like incorrect digits are going out to the telco. You might want to see if the Patton has a record of what digits it thinks it has sent out on the failed calls.

3. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

There are typically 2 possible reasons for calls to fail (always or sometimes) to toll-free numbers:

• Dialing the number with incorrect format (check with your provider whether you need to add a leading "1" or not, for example)
    • Declaring an invalid Outbound CallerID

Regarding Outbound CallerId, the place to set it is in the "Outbound CallerID" field for each extension. So for example, you could see that it works for some extensions, but not from others, if they have the Outbound CallerID field not set. Be aware that if the Outbound CallerID field is not set on the extension, then the Outbound CallerID used will be that set on the VoIP Provider account.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dariusvayne

I solved the problem by eliminating the 1 on the 1800 service number. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.