Trouble with backlight setting in Yealink phone template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

3CX latest version with Yealink T46G phones. I'm having trouble getting the backlight of the LCD screen to always be on.
    The Yealink template has the setting below. Seems that whether I have the value blank (leaving the default in place) or specify "1" (as I have it below), the backlight turns itself off after a period of time. I haven't timed it exactly, but it seems to turn off after about 6 or 8 hours of inactivity.

Any ideas on this?

#Configure the backlight time (in minutes). The valid values are: 1-Always on(default), 60-1min, 120-2min, 300-5min, 600-10min, 1800-30min.
    phone_setting.backlight_time = 1

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@engin411

No experience as I prefer the backlight to go off myself. But I can tell you that you will want to go directly to Yealink for support on this. While Yealink is one of the 'preferred' phones with 3CX, any issue I've ever had with a phone or template was deferred to the manufacturer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Just looked through the firmware release notes and saw these entries:

Code:
    Fixed in x.81.0.20

Fixed the issue that if phone_setting.backlight_time is set to 0, the phone cannot
    be configured correctly.
    While not the specific issue you are having, may indicate there are other issues with that parameter

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks.
    Does 3CX have a roadmap where firmware updates are listed? How do I know when that firmware will be released by 3CX?

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

It is not recommended by Yealink to turn on backlit permanently, as the display will become pale after sometime.

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Thanks for the laugh about 3CX and a roadmap :)

I pulled those notes from the Yealink release notes for the official firmware (not 3CX specific). But as eagle2 mentioned, setting the backlight to always on will eventually burn out the backlit/washout the display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.