Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble with GSM using VoIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pstmg, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstmg

Hello all,

I have the following question to propose in this forum:

We have 3 Samsung Galaxy GT-S5282 that we would like to run 3CX Phone on them. Now the problem after instalation and setup with the PBX, starts when a call is made trough the GSM network: the voice passes trought but very very delayed and with awfull quality, no conversations can be made in that conditions.

However this problem doen't arise when we connect the above metioned phones to a Wi-Fi network and audio reasonably good.

I think the problem might be related with the bandwith provided by the phone (2.5G/EDGE) may not be enought to deal with these apps.

Is there anyway we can install Codecs in 3CX Phone for android ?

Regards
    Paulo

P.S: When I say calls I mean calls between remote extensions and calls made to PSTN

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is most likely the issue There are several Codecs to choose from within the Android App. Try selecting just one of the lower bandwidth options (not G711a/u).

3. pstmg

thanks leejor from your reply.

but could you please tell me how to install new codecs in the 3CX Phone for android ??

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The phone contains four Codecs (a least the version I have does) GSM,G711a, G711u and Speex. GSM and Speex are lower bitrate Codecs. There may be, but I have not heard of, any way of adding additional Codecs.

One of the more common/popular low bitrate Codecs is G729. Unfortunately, this requires a paid licence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.