Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trouble with sip.ld

Discussion in 'Windows' started by avcomp, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avcomp

I am trying to demo this product to my customer who needs the have this system purchased by next week because of budget timelines. I have installed the 3cx software on a clean windows XP machine with no firewall turned on and added option 66 on the dhcp server and updated the 3cx software. Have added an extension within 3cx and set the provisioning options. The phone we purchased from the vendor is a polycom 331. When I plug the phone in it does get the correct IP address and says updating bootrom and reboots, then after the loading screen it displays loading sip.ld and then reboots. It does this in a endless loop. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this up and running to demo. Thanks

2. varietel

Hello avcomp,

The config file created by 3CX for Polycom does not work as is. You need to mofiy the MACADDRESS.cfg file in the provisioning folder. The MACADDRESS is the MAC Address of the Polycom phone your are provisioning. Following are the 2 changes to be made in this file:
    - Modify <APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"... line
    by adding the ,phone.cfg, sip.cfg after the polycom-[MADADDRESS].cfg. (Commas are separating the file names)
    - Comment out the line for 331in the APPLICATION line. Example:
    <!--APPLICATION SPIP430="..."/--> (In my example I have Polycom 430 with your Boot and Release you shoud have similar line for Polycom 331)
    Save the file and reboot the phone.
    This has worked for me with Polycom 430 in 3CX V.9. It should work with V10 as well.

Regards,

Roger Partovi
    Varietel Communications
    roger@varietel.net
    801-889-1414

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.