Trunk Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wpanagotopulos, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpanagotopulos

Hi all:

Hoping for an answer to this one:

I have an install with a Grandstream 4104 with 4 lines connected. I only have THREE of the lines registered with the 3CX... But when I make an outbound call, that fouth line is used every time... The first three lines are a hunt group from the LEC and the fourth is the fax line.

What I really want to do is have two groups in the PBX on the one gateway: 1 for outboud voice and 1 for outbound FAX..... I want the oubound voice trunk group to always hit the third line then the second then the FOURTH, fax line then the first line. This gives me diversity on my outbound scheme, leaving the lead number always (most always) available to inbound callers. The outbound FAX trunk group would simply be used by an analog FAX machine to go out... I tried mapping an extenstion to that line but no joy.

There seems to be no correlation to the lines in the PBX with the lines in the gateway - or at least I can't see where to find information on the correlation. In most TDM PBXs I can configure the outboud scheme as I described above but I can't figure out how to do it with a 3cx. While I've read that Grandstream gateways can leave a lot to be desired, I don't see how the PBX can excersize control over the oubound ports.

Also, the 4104 has a round robin setting, but the documentaion makes no mention of alternative hunt sequences like an I or sequential hunt... Anyone have experience changing that setting and is it pertinant?

I hope I explained myself well enough for someone to venture an answer. Please let me know if not.

2. wpanagotopulos

With all of the other experts on this forum I thought I'd get an answer by now....

I guessing I did not pose the question well enough so I'll re-phrase my question:

Using an FXO gateway, how can I do the following:

1) Partition or create two "trunk groups", say one for voice calls and one for FAX ? I need the FAX line to always ring into a certain extension and the voice calls to ring into a ring group.
    2) force outbound calls to follow a specific outbound hunt sequence. For example, if my LEC lines hunt from line 1 to line 3, I want to program an outbound hunt to go from line 3 to line 1. Additionally, only have one outbound group access 1 "trunk group" and others going to another trunk group.

As I mentioned before, there seems to be little to no correclation between the FXO Gateway and the functions on the 3CX... I've searched and read many posts but I've not found an answer even remotely related. As this is quite common in the TDM world I am suprised it's not come up in the VoIP world.

Looking forward to hearing from some of the experts - Hopefully not a month from now.....

Thanks,
    Bill.

3. wpanagotopulos

Can anyone help me out here? Do any of the expert/staff folks have any idea? I am suprised I've received no feedback... Even a "No, we can't help you" would be better than silence....

I am about ready to scrap the whole 3CX and go back to a TDM switch......

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi wpanagotopulos,

Its possible to exclude certain lines from being used for outbound calls. However those lines that are available for outbound calls by 3Cx will all be used and its not possible to specify in which order they should be used at this point. I know this is a standard feature of TDM pbxs but to do this on a VOIP pbx would have made configuration of the gateways and the pbx more complex. It is something we are considering for future versions.

Please note that our forums are user to user only. We are scaling our team to be able to handle more pre-sales support requests on the forums but the sheer volume some slip thru...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.