Trunk/Provider responds to Request with an error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by itranger, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itranger

One, only one, of my 3CX customers creates the following email notifications.

Call or Registration to 1888xxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@twc) has failed.
    [ V4 172.15.0.254:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=1252 ] replied: 486 Busy Here; from IP:172.15.0.254:5060

Customer is on V14 using Yealink T2 and T4 phones.

Over the past 30 days "replied: codes" include:

404 -- Busy Everywhere -- 51 times
    480 -- Temporarily Unavailable -- 33 times
    484 -- Address Incomplete -- 72 times
    486 -- Busy Here -- 92 times
    600 -- Busy Everywhere -- 29 times
    603 -- Decline -- 10 times

NO other customer creates these notifications.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain as to what your complaint/question is. Are you asking how to stop getting the email notifications when this happens, or why it is happening (why the log) to begin with?

Going by the IP it appears to be at&t, do any of your other clients also use them for trunking?

3. itranger

Mainly why it is happening. It is a fairly large client, but they seem to have a lot of errors. I'm aware of how to turn off the notifications, but I'd really like to understand more about why so many errors. The SIP trunk is Spectrum - their internal IP scheme just happens to be that of AT&T.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you go to Settings/Email/Email and notifications, you will see a list of events that will trigger a notification. It may be that that particular provider sends more information than other sites, for failed/busy calls, or you have additional events selected at that site. I see the busy notification as well when the destination is engaged. The SIP message allows the busy tome to come from 3CX and not continue to tie up the VoIP trunks. Some of the other ones seem bit concerning (484 & 603), I haven't come across those myself.

#4 leejor, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. itranger

It is possible that this provider sends additional information that triggers the notifications. This is one of our only clients that has this particular SIP trunk.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps some others simply lump all busy notifications into one type of message.

7. itranger

That is possible. Our client doesn't seem to be experiencing any adverse issues, but we just get tons of notifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.