Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trunk with multiple DID numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jloper, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jloper

I am trying to install and use the free version of 3CX. I am using Vitelity as my VOIP provider. I was able to get the trunk working, however, I can only get one DID to terminate successfully.

The Phone number that I put into 'external number' field on the General Tab of the VOIP provider is carried down to the 'PORT Identification' field on the PORT Tab. This Phone number works and I can accept an inbound call. All the other DID numbers will not terminate. If I change the TN to another number, again that single DID will terminate.

To me it makes no sense that the PORT created looks like a DID [that is you have to specify which extension to terminate the inbound calls to]. I would think I could specify the User ID and password, my SIP server and the number of simultaneous calls, and then setup any number of DID's with inbound rules.

The verbiage on the configuration page for the VOIP provider uses the term 'Line' in several places. This is not supposed to be line, but a trunk, in fact in my case it can carry 10 simultaneous calls.

How do I configure a Trunk, and not a Line ? How can I get 3CX to monitor the trunk for any number of DID numbers?

Thanks
    John Loper

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello John,
    For the DDIs on the edit voip provider page, select the source tab. Tick source identification by DID, then add the DID numbers. Is that helpful?

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jloper

Yes Sir. This did help. Now the DID numbers ring into the PBX and are forwarded to the correct extension.

Thanks,

John

4. bbeaty

I am having a similar issue.
    I have 200 (8000 - 8199) numbers coming in from a VOIP GW into 3CX. How can I get 3CX to send the call to the correct location (phone, Auto Attendant, Ring group, etc) based on the incoming dialed number instead of having to touch each individual DID number and specify the extension number to terminate to?
    Nothing I have tried works, I end up having to add the DID numbers and then edit each one individually. Default settings sends everything to a main number. It creates an incoming rule for each number, plus the ruling under the VOIP provider.

Mark Jones likes this.
  5. willow

willow Member

you will have to touch each one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.