Trunk with other PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TG3cx, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TG3cx

Hi

How can I configure connection with other type of PBX's in which 3CX servers as master or upstream provider?
    I know how to configure trunk from 3CX to uplink provider but don't know what to do when 3CX is provider for other PBX's.

Thanks in advance!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume that the other PBX is SIP. You would register a trunk, from the other PBX, to an extension, on 3CX.

You might also experiment with 3CX bridging trunks, with 3CX as the master and the other PBX as a slave. I haven't tried it myself, and I've read that the bridging trunks are only supposed to work with other 3CX installations, but if you have some time, you might try it and report back as to how it works out.

3. TG3cx

Thanks!
    Second PBX is SIP compatible, one additional question; I did't notice anywhere how to create route to extension and how many calls (channels) can this extension handle.

So for instance extension numbers on master PBX are 2xx and on slave 3xx. I need to create route which routes calls to extensions 3xx to extension 800 for. Am I right?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If master and slave refers to two 3CX PBX's linked with a bridging trunk, then it is very different than a 3CX and another PBX.
    Outbound rules apply only to trunks. If you are sending calls to lines, that in turn go to a trunk on another PBX then that is another story. Please provide some details about the set-up you are attempting. Exactly how will you be linking the two PBX's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.