Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trying to delete and extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhc, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhc

Hello,

I am currently running 3CX Phone System Management Console v10.0.24018.2322 SP.6 on windows server 2003 R2.

I recently had a bit of a problem with a hacker trying to break into my system. Thankfully 3CX & firewall blocked their attempts so everything is good. However after some digging it seems that they where trying to get in through an active extension on my system and use that to create soft phones etc.
    The extension in question is Ext 1000. Now i dont use this one at all but it has always been there since I first installed it. My first thought was the Ext 1000, being a default and easy to guess extension is a bit of a security risk to have active so I tried to remove it only to be told "The following operator extension 1000 cannot be deleted. Please Choose another operator extension and try again".
    I can edit the extension and change all fields but I cant delete it. Is it some sort of requirement that Ext 1000 has to be present?

Can somebody shead some light on this as I would really like to reduce any further risk of security breaches.

Thanks in advance

Simon Clark

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Presumably, this is extension is set to be the operator extension and as it is tied to many of the functional aspects of 3CX, it likely cannot be removed without first designating a new operator extension.

V10 is a bit old now, but assuming the same, go to settings, general and specify a new operator extension and then see if you can delete the old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.