Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Trying to plan out a VM server, whats the smallest VM 3cx debian will support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sean.suntelnetworks, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean.suntelnetworks

Just trying to plan out the next VM server for our company. I know with Windows single instance, I was reserving about 40GB, (10 for OS, 5 for Apps, 10 for swap/temp storage/windows updates and 10GB for backups) but I'd like to see how many 3cx debian VMs I can squeeze in 500GB (w/o recording storage)

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @sean.suntelnetworks

If we are only discussing disk space then i am afraid only you can answer your question, as this depends on how large your installations will be, how large are your backups, how often you backup etc.
    The only thing i can advice is to always overestimate so you don't find your self having to change hard drives and un-installing and re-installing.

3. sean.suntelnetworks

Well, can you give me some baseline for say 25 extensions, 200 calls a day total. each 5 minutes in length. One call report generated a day, one backup a week, keep 5 backups.

There's has to be a formula where your high profile clients are provided when planning out installs.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.